While installing solar panels can be an excellent way to reduce energy costs and be more sustainable, there are some problems that can arise when installing them on your own and can be quite expensive.
For this reason, we bring you the main problems that you may encounter when you decide to install without the help of professionals in the sector.
Because you wanted to save money, you ended up paying more
Some of the most common problems that are often overlooked when installing solar panels without professional advice are:
- Installation errors: If the installation of the solar panels is not done correctly, there may be problems with the performance of the system. Common mistakes include the choice of inappropriate locations, the use of low quality materials or the lack of accurate calculations to determine the number of panels needed.
- Compatibility issues: The components of the solar panel system, such as inverters and batteries, must be compatible with the rest of the system. If the correct components are not chosen, there may be incompatibility issues that affect system performance and security.
- Safety risks: The installation of solar panels can be dangerous if not carried out correctly. For example, there may be a risk of fire or electric shock if cables or components are handled without proper protective equipment.
- Warranty issues: Many solar panel manufacturers and service providers require installations to be performed by certified professionals in order to provide full warranties. If solar panels are self-installed, warranties may be voided or certain problems may not be covered.
- Regulatory issues: The installation of solar panels may also be subject to local regulations, such as permits and building codes. Failure to comply with these regulations can lead to legal and safety problems.
Why should you have a professional help?
Having a company and professionals in the solar panel sector to carry out the installation of a solar system has many advantages. The following are some of the most important advantages:
- Experience and knowledge
- Saving time and effort
- Personalised assessment
- Regulatory compliance
- Maintenance and repairs under warranty
As you can see, although it may seem that you will save money by not contracting a solar panel installation service, in the long run it could be more expensive. We have the best products with a 25-year guarantee. If you have any questions, we are happy to help you save on your electricity bill!